Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Happened to Summer?

It's SUMMER! Not that I would know... I have so much AP work to do... ugh.
3 books to read (one and 1/5 down so far),
1 journal to keep while reading the 3rd book (the reason why I have yet to make progress in  that one)
3 essays to write. 1 has to be at least 3 pages long, the other is based on said journal, and the 3rd is based on a quote.

Here's the quote: Gatsby turned out all right in the end; it is what preyed on Gatsby, what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams that temporarily closed out my interest in the abortive sorrows and short-winded elations of men.

Here's the issue: The essay is supposed to be argumentative. What part of that quote can be argued? The only plausible thing I've come up with is that we are supposed to argue whether or not Gatsby did actually turn out all right.
If people read this, I would ask them for ideas but....

Anyway, all this work means it doesn't feel like summer to me. It feels like a holiday break (spring break, winter break), that a teacher assigned homework over.
I have to have it all done by August 2nd,  26 DAYS!

HELP. :-[

No comments:

Post a Comment